Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yay for the Osteopath!

As I mentioned in the last post, I've been going to the physio to try to get rid of my headaches. I've had lots of headaches since I can remember but they have just been getting worse and worse and almost everyday. I go to bed with them or wake up with them or both. Sometimes I feel like I don't want to be alive if I'm going to be in pain all the time. So I decided that this year before I find a job I'm going to discover the cause of the headaches and treat it, no matter how much it costs and what I have to do!
Physio and acupuncture doesn't seem to be working the best and I happened to receive a free eco bag in the post from Blackmores (I'd got it off a freebies website)and a letter that said thank you for signing up to the website and here is a link to our online naturopath service. So I contacted the naturopath service about my headaches and they sent me a long email back about why it could be happening and what I could do. It was really helpful and said I should perhaps see another doctor, a naturopath in my area (they can do tests for allergies etc), an osteopath or chiropractor or an optician in case its my eyes. I looked up to see what an osteopath did (as I'd already tried a chiropractor and that didn't help)and decided to try them first.
So today I rang up and got an appointment and went along to the Osteopath. He checked my spine and neck and discovered that some of my vertebrae were locking together and causing my muscles to clench up, especially the ones in the area of my neck where I get the most pain. Then he did the dreaded clicking of the vertebrae back into place, first the ones on my back and then the ones in my neck (which made a HUGE crunch as several had clicked back at once!) and said that was causing a lot of the problems. So I should notice withing the next few days that I'm having no or less headaches. Two more appointments at the most will cure me! Yay!
So I really really hope it does help. I'll give you an update. If not the next stop will be the naturopath.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment